Chocolate Chickpea Cookies (Makes 10)
Perfect as a pre- or post-workout snack as they contain good sources ¬carbohydrate and protein, but are also satisfying as a dessert!
• 2 cups pitted dates
• 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
• ½ cup salted peanuts
• 50g dark chocolate
• 1-2 spoons of crushed peanuts
1. Soak the dates in boiling water for 5-10 min and drain.
2. Blend the dates and peanut butter in a food processor until smooth and sticky.
3. Add in the peanuts and pulse until evenly combined.
4. Spoon out the mixture with a teaspoon and roll into balls.
5. Place balls on a cookie tray lined with baking paper.
6. Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave on low heat in 15 second increments until runny.
7. Spoon the dark chocolate over the balls and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.
8. Set in the fridge until chocolate is cooled and hardened (about 30 min).
By Stella Boyd-Ford
Fix your sweet tooth with this healthy treat.