The truth is you can't be grumpy and grateful at the same time.
The saying goes, grateful people are happy people. There is always something to be grateful for.
Think about all the people in your life that you really love. As you open yourself to gratitude take a moment to really appreciate them.
Also look around, take a moment to notice the things in you're life that you are grateful for.
Notice if this brings a change within. By you being grateful, it helps remind other people to also be grateful.
To know in your mind that you are grateful is one thing, but to teach this to your body is where the real transformation takes place.
A daily gratitude practice is a wonderful way to teach your body to be grateful. Here are some ways you can incorporate gratitude into your daily life.
- Have the intention to connect with the energy of gratitude
- Be in a place of awareness so you can bring yourself back to gratitude when you are not in it.
- Place your hands on your heart and breath 3 things into your body that you're grateful for. Let yourself really receive this.
- Create a gratitude journal.
- When you look in the mirror take a moment to be grateful for your beautiful self. See yourself through the eyes of gratitude.
- When you look at your loved ones let them feel your gratitude.
By doing your gratitude practice you are teaching your system to get into the habit of being grateful.
Love and gratitude, Kay Wilson